Friends of the Public Huntsville Library
Friends of the Huntsville Library are a voluntary, non-profit organization. Friends have been established for over 3o years. Friends promote programs, services and facilities of the Huntsville Public Library.
What we do for the Library:
- Improve collections.
- Buy equipment such as computers and furniture.
- Provide funding for performers in partnership with the Royal Canadian Legion during March Break and summer months.
- Provide funds for capital projects, such as shelving, technology etc.
How we raise funds:
- Selling books from the Boutique at the front of the library.
- Special book sales at Christmas and during the spring and summer of good used books.
What Friends do:
- Attend meetings held five times per year at the library
- Price books for the book sales
- Sort donated books
- Help keep the Friends Boutique organized
- Help with new fundraising ideas.
New members are always welcome. Call 705-789-5232 for information. Applications are available at the Library.